Friday, February 25, 2005

Here today...Gone..err, today itself ....

Awrite...time for a pit-stop...Out of a breath thanks to 10 nightless days where all I remember is waking up at random airports and emptying gallons of coffee into the nicotine/blood stream...

Budweiser is getting older...The realization dawned in, while I took at what was supposed to be a "breather" at home(the original one..)...He does not enjoy prancing around to reach that distant fly on the wall anymore...He is more than content to watch the fly prancing around right before his nose..But he did yank at my jeans and almost tore it apart..Damn dog!

B & W TVs are not that too uncool...At least I wouldn't have noisy roommates arguing over which shade of pink Kareena Kapoor is wearing...So I airlifted meself one :) Okay..so ground reality...I don't have enough dough to get a new TV...I picked up the one which has been long since neglected at home....

Bangalore has the poorest of transport infrastructures...I absolutely abhor getting stuck in traffic...but even more so, in Bangalore! I quite like the Barista at that road parallel to Museum Road..the one next to Koshy's...But this is strictly for lazy Sunday mornings...

I am beginning to see mathematical models when I came across any number... I am also bargaining on arbid things...even on offers from friends (okay, it's actually singular :D) to write one of those "you are the coolest" testimonials on Orkut! I am evaluating glow signs of the ATMs and retail markets on how high/low they rank on the "Good Branding" quotient..Am also more harrowed by the fact that the calender month end is a wee bit too early this month, which means I need to push the sales forces to close out cases, add more numbers to this month's figures (Arrgh!! My evil work-obsessed other side is taking over again!!)...while actually I should be thankful about an early wallet refill....Christ, I have lost the ability to think non-manager like!

I still haven't listened to the Mercury Rave album loaned by a pal...I did spin the first Camel album that I bought (Pressure Points) a coupla times again on the deck though...

I have to move twice in the next 15 days...My new place (all to myself..Yaay!) is available only on March 15th..But the landlady has warned us to get our asses dragging out of her place by the 1st...So, am camping with the existing roomies at their new place for a while...

Of course...it's not all dismal..Far from it! MPD ( a.k.a the band I ..well..manage) are getting geared up from a resurrection again...March 13th is the D-day...Tomorrow, am scooting off to Pune...A coupla guys from MPD are doing a tribute night somewhere near J.M.Road...Have a "process orientation meeting" at the Pune office on Monday...*yawn*..

Oh hey...go to THE EIGHTIES BAR on Sunday evening for a Mark Knopfler Tribute nite...At the turntable is a pal, who knows his music and would not leave you with just a cold beer in your hand...

Time-out...the show at Regal starts in 15 minutes!

No comments: