Sunday, January 16, 2005

The Healing Colors of Sound - Part I

If I close my eyes..
And fell asleep in this layby
Would it all subside...
The fever pushing the day by


The amber ends glow...Brighter than usual against the gloomy backdrop of the darkened room...The sporadic sounds of the glass meeting the cold marble...Breaking the insipid monotony of reverbaration in your ears because of the incessant and unanimated whirring of the ceiling fan...

Steven has a quite a lot to say apparently...His coherent mutterings are almost a distant echo...My attention is undivided, although my senses are clogged..He seems to get a brooding reaction to anything that he utters...Not that he would mind,though...He knows what to expect...from me and the rest....This is not the first time...definitely not...He always starts off narrating about his road trip east of Baldock and Ashford... That's because I want him to... Sometimes,I want to listen to his telltale of the summers slipping by first..Today it's about the heartattack in the layby..That's how we started, as you can see... I know what is going to follow...He's gonna strip the soul and fill the hole...He says that's because he has a fire to feed....

Steven, you always attach a bleak picture to the otherwise irrelevant things....I refuse to get buried in this forlorn mood...Now,you don't really need to expect us to assume the overwhelming sense of foreboding that you pervade, do you? Actually I know you don't expect us to do that..It need not necessarily be contagious...I guess I realize that and you already know that....And Steven, I'll continue to listen to you...You know I will....Have a couple of batteries to spare even if this set runs out...So you can keep it going...


NP : Gravity Eyelids
Written and Composed by - Steven Wilson
Performed by - Porcupine Tree (Richard Barbieri,Colin Edwin, Gavin Harrison
and Steven Wilson)

No comments: