Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Gita

I have taken to reading the Bhagavad Gita and also a book dedicated to the 3rd Chapter - Karma Yoga: The Path Of Action (Thanks Arjun!). While I probably need to finish reading the books in their entirety to write about that the thoughts that it invoked and the effect that it has had on me, I would nevertheless like to dogear certain verses here from time to time:


"The Yogi who is established in his Self and who is even minded all the time and at all the places develops the equal vision where by he sees the Self in all beings and all beings in the Self".(Chapter 6: Verse 29)

"Restless senses can forcibly carry away the mind of even a wise person striving for perfection. One's intellect becomes steady when one's senses are under complete control. One develops attachment to sense objects by thinking about sense objects. Desire for sense objects comes from attachment to sense objects, and anger comes from unfulfilled desires. Delusion or wild idea arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when mind is bewildered. One falls down from the right path when reasoning is destroyed." (Chapter 2: Verses 60-63)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

y no new posts??

Anonymous said...

Mrs. K,

I don't know whether you still there or not, but i want to take 'stationarytraveller' as my blogadress. Would you please change for me? I really really want to take but trully i admit there is no hope. You either wont read this or wont change but its worth to try. I love camel too.
Greetings from distance place, Turkey. :)