Thursday, October 06, 2005

Urgent Need : A reality check


An article on one of the city's tabloids so read:

"Sexy actor Hugh Grant says he looks like a ‘butch lesbian’ with his hair cut short. The handsome star says he tried to change his trademark floppy hair style but it made him look “ugly”.

The Notting Hill star told Now magazine: “I tried to change. I had my hair cut off by Elizabeth Hurley’s hair person. Unfortunately I looked like a butch lesbian. I’m plug ugly with my hair cut off. Even Elizabeth couldn’t look at me."


What is Mr. Grant trying to imply here? That he prefers to look like a 20-years-too-late-to-be-in-a-boy-band dude, with his Botox-ed face, reading all of two expressions all the time and endorsing the word "sissy" ?! And hey, somebody please tell the man that his hair has as much to do with him being ugly, as much as my baggy clothes have to do with me looking fat. And going to an ex-girlfriend's hairdresser with a hope of getting a good hairdo, c'mon mate, what were you thinking?! Seriously?!

In hindsight, what was I doing with that tabloid anyway?!

No comments: